Translate I Käännä

keskiviikko 17. kesäkuuta 2015

Fearless researcher ready to go // Peloton tutkija valmiina lähtöön

Alla suomeksi.

I have wondered in every forum how can it be that my Masters are over. In one way I am relieved because I have to say, the assignments were soooooo interesting but also a lot of work. But like said, I enjoyed every course I had and got something out of every assignment. Customer involvement in service delivery process in  Budget hotels, co-operative strategy, alliances in cross-cultural business, Corporate Social Responsibility in Hospitality and so on. Maybe not so interesting for everybody but I loved it. My "ready assignments" folder looks good now :)

What is left is my dissertation. Tiny little piece of work. My topic is somewhat "Sense of community in co-created customer experience in B&B's" which does not maybe say much but is a hot topic (value co-creation) in the industry with an individual twist (sense of community and C2C value creation). And I am thrilled. It is definitely outside of my comfort-zone as something more concrete and managerial would have been my cup of tea but that is one reason why I decided to go for it. Even though I have just gotten to the mood of doing the literature review, now it is time to do the data collection.

I am lucky to be able to do my data collection in Scotland because of the funding opportunities in BU. I am combining my dream with a purpose which is a way I can travel more. I am leaving on Sunday, taking trains (plural, yes, I dont even want to say how many trains I need to take) with my bike, arrive in the evening to Balloch Scotland and the next 9 days I will cycle 200 kilometers from B&B to another and observe. I am pretty excited! And even though I tried to ignore my mom who kindly said that it will rain for 9 days because - Scotland, I ended up making a plan B. After making a bullet proof risk assessment I decided to take a waterproof bag for my computer and sunlotion but other than that I refuse to think that it is nothing than from a movie and everything will go well.

So now I have some days to finish my lit review and learn what there is to learn about ethnography as a research method and pack and un-pack until I have a tiny bag with only essentials so I can enjoy my week in Scotland. I will try to write from somewhere magical Scotland, stay tuned...

----------------------------------------------------

Olen mietiskellyt kaikilla foorumeilla miten voikaan olla niin että masterit on gradua vaille paketissa. Toisaalta on helpottavaa että tehtävät, vaikka ne olivatkin super mielenkiintoisia, ovat ohi. Askartelin tehtäviä alliansseista monikansallisessa yritystoiminnassa sekä asiakakkaan osuudesta budjettihotelleiden palveluprosessihin ja niin edelleen, "valmiit tehtävät" kansio näyttää hyvältä nyt :)

Mitä on siis jäljellä on gradu, pikku loppurutistus. Aiheena on palttiarallaa yhteisöllisyys osana yhdessä luotua asiakaskokemusta Bed&Breakfasteissa. Aihe menee kyllä mun mukavuusalueen ulkopuolelle (olen ehkä vähän konkreettisempien asioiden ystävä) mutta siksi valitsinkin sen. Kasvaa voi vaan kun tekee jotain mikä ei ole helppoa eiks niin.

Sain rahoituksen graduun mikä tarkoittaa että voin tehdä datan keruun Skotlannissa. Yhdistän hyväksi todettuun tapaani unelman ja hyödyn reissussa ja poljen 200 kilometria ympäri Skotlantia ja yövyn neljässä eri B&B:ssä ja tarkkailen ja tarkkailen.  Koska äiti ystävällisesti vihjaisi että tulee satamaan 9 päivää putkeen niin tein vedenpitävän varasuunnitelman. Eli otan vedenpitävän pussin mun läppärille ja aurinkorasvan ja avot! Lopuista huolehditaan sitten paikan päällä mikäli huolehdittavaa on.

Eli nyt on loppuviikko aikaa tehdä gradun teoriaosuus niin valmiiksi kuin mahdollista ja pakata ja purkaa kunnes kaikki tarvittavat mahtuu pieneen pyörälaukkuun jotta voin nauttia täysillä pyöräretkestä Skotlannissa. Palailen linjoille sieltä kun on jotain kerrottavaa :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti